I got this recipe from my Curly Top Baker friend Anglea!
My husband leaves the house early in the morning for work everyday (and I am not what you call a morning person), I love muffins because they are such an easy breakfast to just grab and go.
These muffins are loaded with zucchini and carrots and they taste delish! My kids call these carrot muffins and they eat them up like they are going out of style (and I do have a very picky eater). Give them a try and see why these are so fantastic!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1.5 cups grated zucchini
1.5 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
3. Mix together eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and oil.
4. Stir carrots and zucchini into egg mixture. Tip! If you have a food processor with a shredder blade use it to get perfectly grated veggies in a snap!
5. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in nuts, if desired.
6.Spoon into prepared muffin wrappers, or spray a muffin pan with non stick spray and fill cups up 1/2 way. Tip! I like to lightly sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mixture over the tops of the muffins before I throw them in the oven and it gives them just a slight sweet crunch on the tops of muffins!
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes
8. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan, remove muffins and serve warm or room temperature.
This batter will also make two (5x9 in) loaf pans if preferred over the muffins. You will need to bake loafs for about an hour.