I can't tell you how many times I have been asked for this recipe. It is just so good (plus healthy) and perfect for all your spring time carrots.
- 3/4 - 1 cup shallots (or one sweet onion) chopped
- 2-3 tbs of fresh peeled ginger minced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 lbs of peeled organic carrots (u can use baby ones if u want too cut down on peeling time)
- 6 cups of chicken stock or broth
- salt and white pepper
- olive oil
Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or butter) into large pot.
Once oil is hot add shallots (or onion). Cook until translucent about 5 minutes.
Add ginger stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add sweet potatoes and carrots to onion mixture and stir. Cook just a few more minutes.
Add broth and salt and pepper to taste (I start with about a pinch or two of salt and 1/4tsp of white pepper).
Bring to a boil then simmer covered until carrots are tender (about 30 minutes).
When soup is cool enough to handle, transfer it to the blender and puree until smooth (you might have to do it in two batches). Transfer back to pot and bring back to a boil.
Taste it and add more salt and pepper if it needs it.
That's it! Enjoy.